I am a research fellow at the School of Computing and Information Systems, The University of Melbourne, where I obtained my PhD in 2019. I work closely with Prof. James Bailey. Prior to my PhD, I recieved my M.Eng. and B.Eng. from Tsinghua University and Jilin University successively. I have a broad interest in theory and applications of machine learning and deep learning.
- Machine Learning
- Secure/Robust/Explainable machine learning
- Adversarial machine learning
- Weakly supervised learning
- Reinforcement learning
- Deep Learning and Security
- Adversarial attack/defense
- Backdoor attack/defense
- Generative adverarial networks
- Applications: object recognition, image inpainting, object detection, video recognition, automatic speech recognition
- Artifical Intelligence
- Medical AI
- Virtual reality surgery
- Journal Reviewer:
- IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence
- IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering
- IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics
- IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems
- Knowledge and Information Systems
- Journal of Clinical Research
- IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters
- Conference Reviewer:
- ICML2020, ICLR 2020, AAAI 2020, KDD 2019, NeurIPS 2019.
For PhD applicants: funded positions are available for 2020 in our group on adversarial machine learning research. Please directly contact Prof. James Bailey.
For Unimelb master students, contact me if you are familar with: 1) web skills such as js, node.js and html; and 2) machine/deep learning knowledge/tools such as pytorch, tensorflow, keras. (send me your academic transcript)
Email: $\alpha$.$\firstname.lastname@example.org WHERE $\alpha$/$\beta$ is my first/lastname.
Office: Room 9.15, Doug McDonell Building (Building 168), University of Melbourne